Thursday, February 28, 2013

Your Destiny

I read something interesting this morning by Rick Warren. He was talking about finding your destiny. He said (I’m paraphrasing), find out what disturbs you to the point that you say, “I am going to do something about that.” Then use your spiritual gifts to go out and make a difference. I thought that was really good. However, a lot of things disturb me, especially in our socio – economic state our country is in. But I am not a politician, so I will not be trying to change things in our political system or social system. But I can make a difference in my world. One way I do that is by teaching violin. I teach and give the gift of music to children who will be able to take that gift with them the rest of their lives. But there’s more. These children are so precious. Their time here with me is priceless. They come in and they tell me what their day was like. They tell me what they learned in school. They tell me about their baby sister. I listen. They mostly just want me to listen. Then I encourage them, with their violin playing, with their life. There’s more to it than teaching instrumental technique. Each one of these students is very special. What a joy it is for me to teach them. Somehow, in a small way, I think I am making a difference. Come back tomorrow and I will tell you another way I am making a difference. Until then, think of ways that you are making a difference. Share them if you like

No comments: